Sunday, December 16, 2007

Documents

Hey John,
How about if we set up a thread that is for all of the attachments. Then you can include them with a label for date & time and topic as the title of the post.

3 comments:

John said...

Good Idea, Cathy, my question would be over which of our documents we consider in the public domain and which we consider to be in house, in process documents. If this blog is public then I'm a bit reluctant to post here documents we, as a group, have considered, up until now anyway, as in house. An example would be our agendas and minutes, which I at least have considered in the public domain, and evaluations which I think of as becoming public only when the chair or moderator of the evaluated group makes that evaluation public. Hence, the different distribution of evaluation documents from the distribution of minuntes. Is this distinction peculiar to me?

John.

Cathy said...

You are right, John, there are some things that become public later. I guess we have a couple of choices to make. Here are some alternatives that occur to me:

-- It is possible to make this a private blog, a new addition to the system since I last set one up.
-- Dick C has identified a hybrid blog software that is a combination of a blog and a wiki. I can look into it and see if it would be better for our purposes.
-- We could find room on a secure server where we post the documents and have password access to them.

All of the options have pros and cons. I think I can make any of them work.

John said...

Of the options you name, Cathy, I think I like making this blog private best because it seems like the most straightforward one.